About this site

Mattie is a sweet little dog who disappeared after the car he was in was stolen in November 2006 from the University City Loop in St. Louis, Missouri. His owners, Tom & Alice Matthews from Michigan, were visiting St. Louis and were window shopping in the Loop at the time. The purpose of this web site is to get Mattie back home where he belongs. If you can volunteer to help find Mattie, or if you have any information, please e-mail whereintheworldismattie@gmail.com.

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Volunteer help on Saturday

Thanks to all of you who came out to help post flyers on Saturday -- Alice, Tom, Mary Anne, Tom, Kathy, Bob, Carolyn, Kelly, Bonnie, Melissa and her three cute daughters, Tom and Aswini (new volunteer). And thanks to Kelly for some nice, bright backing for some of the posters. Have to tell you that while I was posting one of them, a police officer pulled over and told me that they didn't allow flyers on their poles. I apologized and told him that it was a flyer for the "poor dog that was in a car that was stolen last November". He said "I remember the story. Tell you what, let me get out of here and when I'm gone, I won't see what you're doing and won't look at that pole when I come back by here. Just do what you need to do." With that, he took off and I madly went to work getting the tape to stick to that wood pole.